Saturday, May 25, 2013

So What's Going on in this World?

What's with what's going on in London?
I read or see something like that and I can't help but wonder.
I am truly appalled, and disgusted.
How could anyone do something like that?
Why did it take a 48 year old mother to have the guts to stand up and approach them?
How is it that so many people just stood there and watched?
It makes me wonder what I would have done.
I know someone who put forward a couple of interesting ideas, mostly as to why the people with cars just stopped or stayed around watching. Why did no-one think to get in a car and drive straight at them?
The question that comes after that one then is what would happen to you if you did that?
The perpetrators where shot to injure and then taken to hospital, would that same courtesy be granted to those who stood to stop such atrocities or would they have been shot and thrown in jail being charged with murder same as these terrible men?
It bears thinking about. We live in a precarious age. In a time where tolerance has perhaps opened the door to these actions.
I pray for London tonight. I pray for my friends and family in the UK. I pray this does not escalate.

No comments: