Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Patience

My computer is teaching me patience and I have to say I don’t like it. Patience is one of those things that’s supposed to be a virtue yet in many ways it seems more like an obstacle. Of course that could just be me and that’s probably why it’s one of the things God keeps prodding at me about. Little reminders here and there that even though I have come some distance down this road I’ve still a way to go.
And so I have a five year old laptop and I can’t wait for the day I get to upgrade my hardware, software and have something a little less temperamental. Until then the buzzing sound of my computer’s hard drive is a constant reminder that sometimes I need to wait for things with a little less frustration. My e-mail account will load up – eventually.

1 comment:

HisFireFly said...

I think computer patience is a different sort of fruit all together, and I don't bear much it myself! We have a great new computer that is quite speedy, and a fast new laptop as well, but... we are country dwellers and have access only to very, Very, VERY slow dial-up connections (we're talking 28K max here).
I can only assume that God is teaching lessons in this, and so I thank Him for allowing me access at any speed as I try to reclaim the internet for His Kingdom!