Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Some Funny Stuff

Okay just a few things that I have found somewhat humorous in the course of my work. (Just so you know I work in a book store)

CUSTOMER : Have you got what I’m looking for?

ME waiting for them to go on

CUSTOMER no further comment

ME : I’ll need a bit more information than that.

ME thinking, ‘hell I didn’t realise I was supposed to be a mind reader as well’.

**********

CUSTOMER : Do you have that book by that doctor?

ME : Um, I’ll need a bit more than that.

CUSTOMER : You know, that dr off the tv.

ME : I’m sorry, which dr?

CUSTOMER : You know.

ME : I’m sorry, do you have a title?

CUSTOMER : How could you work in a book store and not know what book I’m talking about?

**********

CUSTOMER : I’m looking for a book.

ME : Do you have a title, or author?

CUSTOMER : I looked it up on the computer, it said you had none in the store.

ME : Then I’m sorry we have none in stock.

CUSTOMER : Well is there any in (name of city)?

ME : I have no idea, you could try one of the other bookstores.

CUSTOMER : Can’t you just get on the computer and check all the other bookstores.

ME thinking ‘huh? A computer link up listing the stock of all the bookstores in the local metro area?'

ME : I’m sorry no such web site exists.

CUSTOMER looks at me as if to say 'well what good are you?', and walks away.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Funny, Funny stuff!!, are you sure that one of the ladies you had one of these conversation's with wasn't a tall, fat lady with blue eyes?? ... Certainly sounds like my Peri-meno brain talking! You poor thing!, (although I would love your job!!, ...sans the fact that I would be the one saying the stupid things forcing the customers to leave!)
Hope you are all well! xoxoxo