Saturday, August 29, 2009

Work and Home

I’m finally getting the hang of this work thing. I’ve been incredibly blessed that my bosses changed a job description for me. What was a full time position a part time one so I could fill it and in the process I almost doubled my hours. I’m the only staff member with little kids and they understand that and are flexible around my kids. Now we say that’s how is should be but actually finding people like that has been awesome.

So now I work 9-3 weekdays, and to be honest there have been a few days when it has felt as though it is getting on top of me. You know the thing – up and out of the house to catch a train to work before the school run and so on. Then I get picked up after the school run and then there is all the housework. Okay so we all know I’m not so good at that, I wasn’t even when I wasn’t working. But I’m still doing the cooking and most of the other stuff, it’s just a fact that I’m more practiced and efficient at it.

My hubby does what he can but I’m a woman and one who often feels it’s quicker to do things by myself rather than ask a couple of times. So you can imagine my pleased surprise when hubby said ‘how do I put in a load of blacks?’ Awesome, thanks babe.

So anyway though I’m a bit disorganised I still somehow find time to write. Getting it onto my blog has proven a little problematic at times though. I guess you’ll always find time for your passion.

No comments: