Saturday, August 13, 2011

London

What do you say in a week that London burned? These youngsters claimed they were doing it to survive, and destroying places that wouldn't give them jobs. Firstly I wonder why they weren't hired? Then again I can't say I've stretched my mind to come up with ideas other than the obvious. It seems to me that destroying stuff, ripping tv's off the wall and stealing games consoles in no way constitute doing something to survive.
I realise in some ways I'm not in much of a position to comment, I have a games console and tv. Then again I work hard to make sure there is food on our table and clothes on our children's backs. I would never think it was my right to steal one just because I don't have one.
It makes me wonder. How could it not?
I work hard, I come home, do what I can to make sure I don't suck totally as a mother and then I pursue my passions - writing and performance.
How many of these people actually worked hard to achieve anything? It seems so many of them have these chips on their shoulders about how others owe them. Well while I'm in this annoyed frame of mind I will ask - Why? Why should I have to pay for your laziness? Why should I have to suffer and fear because you are selfish and yet again lazy?
People in other countries have to fight just to get water and avoid bullets, they wouldn't know what a playstation or x-box is. It makes me so sad that people have come to this. Yes life can be hard and in some cases unbelievably so but that doesn't give you the right to hurt and steal from others.
I wish we could teach some people to value life because they so obviously don't.
Be at peace this week my lovelies.

No comments: