Wednesday, October 22, 2008

One Thing I Keep Working On

Today we had to take our eldest to the hospital, nothing big, just a routine checkup of her hearing loss. Thing is I hate the children's hospital I hate the waiting, I hate the fact they have a huge flat screen tv on the wall in the waiting room but it's not on. I hate that we wait for an hour for a five minute appointment.

Today was not a good day for me. Several things went wrong before we even got to the hospital and I am the sort of person that likes things to go to plan. Then we had to see the audiologist, even though she sees one somewhere else, before we even got in the cue for the Dr. The audiologist then wanted me out of the testing room because my baby wasn't silent, and she wasn't happy with me waiting outside the room in the corridor either.

I got crappy with her. I could have just agreed nicely knowing my daughter wasn't likely to like it too much, but no I had to get grumpy. The only problem is everytime I do this I then have to apologise. It's not even a big battle any more, God doesn't even have to really say anything, it's more like I know the kick in the head is coming so I accept the fact I have to apologise, and I do it. You would think I would know better than to constantly get myself into the same pit, but no, fortunately though the hole is shallower every time.

One day I'm sure I'll walk away from the grumpy response.

No comments: