Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thankful


I’ve been thinking of doing this for a few days now, and somehow things keep coming up, so now I’ve put everything else aside and I’m doing ten things that I am thankful for.
I think this kind of thing is good for the soul; it helps us evaluate and even recalibrate our attitude to our lives.

I am thankful for…

1. An active mind and body and I am capable of exercising both (though I probably do body less)

2. A husband whom I love and who loves and understands me, even though we frustrate each other at times

3. A five year old who is amazing, who learns, loves, teaches me (apparently thunder is God dancing) and is an awesome helper and big sister

4. A toddler who is a wonder and a joy (most of the time – we are starting tantrum season)

5. The knowledge, that even in the darkness of the valley, God is near, encouraging me on. I may not know the way but He does

6. The gifts God has bestowed on me, although they can prove frustrating at times

7. Friends both near and far who inspire, encourage, strengthen me, make me think and make me smile

8. The fact that in this economic climate we still have a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs and food on the table

9. Dreams of the future that I cling to even when it seems silly – for they give hope and without hope…?

10. Diane, this is a special thanks to you who gave me my fist blog award, you do all those things in No. seven, thanks for your friendship

No comments: