Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dr Piet and Mum

This weekend was a very bittersweet time. My baby bro graduated from med school. He’s now officially a Dr. I am so proud of him for his dedication and hard work and so much else. Thing is his dedication ceremony where the graduating class were presented was on Saturday. Saturday would have been our mother’s 60th birthday. I know she would have been so proud and I believe she was having her own little party in heaven but that didn’t make it any less sad not to have her with us on such an awesome occasion.
So I want to say I’m thankful today for :
My family who walk different paths but are there for each other all the same.
All the things I learnt from my Mother, even though there are many lessons I’m sure I haven’t grasped yet.

Also, I hope and pray I can be the same sort of mother to my girls as mine was to me, things weren’t perfect, my rose coloured glasses don’t blind me that much, but she was an incredible woman who lived an open and loving life, she lived what she believed and I miss her very much.

No comments: