Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Funny Little Thing

Here’s a funny little thing. In my black funk of rejection I walk on to the train platform to head to work and there is a woman reading a book and inadvertently providing me with a lovely little rant blog. She dog-ears her pages. And we’re not talking little corners. These are big folds about a quarter of the way down the page.

You don’t do that!!!

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

If anyone did that to one of my books I’d never lend to them again. I may never speak to them again. Well okay I probably wouldn’t go that far, but you feel me?

Ha, I feel better already.

2 comments:

HisFireFly said...

Many years, or lifetimes ago,k I shared an office with a woman who read paperbacks. After she finished reading a page she would rip it out and discard it!! As a writer, I felt as if I was being cut with each tear. I simply could not believe she would treat a book in that manner! Now that's something to rant about, eh?

31 Woman said...

why would someone do that?