Sunday, October 31, 2010

In Brief

It's so very hard to get motivated at the moment. I have a half finished blog that I will hopefully post during the week sometime but to be honest I'm tired of trying and pushing and making the effort.
Friday contained a conversation with my boss where he told me I ought to spend some time considering my options because I'd lost my sparkle. Which is my fault of course and nothing to do with the fact we don't see bugger all books anymore. I'm unashamedly a book person, not a toy person and I don't think they like the fact that I don't appreciate having my kids book section ripped to pieces to make way for crappy toys.
So I daydreamed and even real dreamed about starting my own book store, shopped for a good location and bought a lotto ticket. (You have to wonder when your boss suggests that that's what you should do). Then I went out with a girlfriend and we polished off a bottle of wine and sat through a very silly but hugely fun action pic RED.
The perfect remedy to a crappy week.
I guess I didn't get back to being serious yet.

No comments: