Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Lady Died

A woman died the other day. So what you might ask? So what indeed? This woman was an elderly woman and I believe she was living by herself. This woman died, not of natural causes but as a result of someone breaking into her house while she was there. She didn’t die because they beat her or anything (though there is plenty of that going on as well) she simply died from the stress. This is my understanding from the news reports.

This was bound to happen, unfortunately.

On a related topic, someone tried to break into our place the other day. We weren’t home. We think the alarm may have scared them off.

Even if it hadn’t happened to us I’d have still been really annoyed. This is something that has been bugging me a lot. I work hard. When I don’t have a job I work hard on my writing and looking for work. I don’t slack off and I don’t like being reliant on welfare. I sure as hell don’t look at the person down the street, or in the next suburb and think I have a claim on their stuff just because.

Sure there have always been people that way inclined, sadly, but the action so often comes with excuses these days. You know what? I’m sick of them. There simply is no excuse to terrify an old lady to death just because you want what little she has.

Sadly she probably won’t be the last this happens to.

No comments: