Saturday, May 31, 2008

Journey Home - Entry 2


It’s funny looking back on your life. Viewing the events that shaped you, made you the person you are today, through the perspective of time. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, I’ve got plenty of time for it. Apart from a couple of things my life has been pretty normal. It was those two events that dramatically altered the course I thought my life was going to take.
I wonder if life ever takes the path we plan for ourselves? If the person you want to be as a kid, or even as a teenager, is ever the person you end up being? Perhaps that would be expecting too much. A life without hiccoughs, what a concept. Then again the person you think you’re going to be is pretty two dimensional I suppose.
They say (well that is to say I’ve heard it said somewhere) surviving difficult situations is something that makes you stronger. It supposedly develops your character.
They, whoever ‘they’ are, make it sound like it’s something that’s good for you. Well let me say I’m not sure I want to have my character developed any more. I have had enough of growing, maturing and adjusting to the results of other people’s problems.
I just want my life and my daughter back.

No comments: