Monday, June 2, 2008

Brief Moments - 2

From You

Inspiration
Comes from you Lord
It sets my heart ablaze

Desire
Comes from you Lord
The deep longing in me grows

Passion
Comes from you Lord
It stirs my spirit up

Peace
Comes from you Lord
As I seek to do your will

Joy
Comes from you Lord
As I walk with you each day





You Love Me

You love me because you love me
Not because of anything I can do
That love is so incredible
Sometimes it’s hard to believe it’s true

You love me because you love me
A most amazing thing
The feeling fills me up
Sometimes I just want to sing

You love me because you love me
You who made the world
Care about my coming and going
Even though I’m just one girl

You love me because you love me
You value me for me
At times it’s hard to accept
I wonder what it is you see

You love me because you love me
True unconditional love
I’m coming to understand what it means
To know you as my Father above



Amazed By You

I see the way your face lights up
When you master something new
It fills my heart with love and pride
As I’m amazed by you

The tiny body you started with
Gets bigger by the day
You rolled and crawled, now stand and walk
As you explore the world and play

Sometimes you sit and play transfixed
With whatever is close at hand
Other times you’re always on the go
Finding fun and mischief wherever you can

I love to sit and watch you learn
As you face new things and do
The same as every child does
I’m constantly amazed by you




Our Prayer For You

Our hearts were joined
From before we met
It was all going to change
Though it hadn’t sunk in yet

When we first took you home
We were a bit unsure
Of how we would cope
With all the things in store

Each day you bring joy
And some days tears
That won’t change I’m sure
Throughout the years

You’re a true blessing from God
An answer to prayer
Just so you know
We’ll always be there

Some things will go wrong
More will go right
When you need a hug
We’ll be there day or night

As the years come and go
We’ll pray God’s guidance for us and you
So we can be good parents
That’s our prayer for you




It’s In

It’s in the little things
That love is often found
The fleeting, passing touches
And the gentle whispered sounds

It’s the flowers that you gave
For no reason at all
The times when you are running late
And give me a call

It’s in the times when I am tired
And you do the dishes for me
And on the rare occasions
You surprised me by cooking tea

It’s when you really want a massage
But gave one to me instead
And got up to our daughter
Letting me stay warm in bed

It’s in the many little things
I seldom think about
If I just stood back and saw them
I’d know there is no cause for doubt

No comments: