Saturday, June 28, 2008

Journey Home - Entry 9


I realise in all this I haven’t actually said what it was that happened to change my life so drastically. I’ve relived it again and again but I haven’t yet put it down in words. I guess I haven’t wanted to for much the same reason I haven’t wanted to talk about it with anyone, giving voice to it or words to it gives the whole thing more substance.
I wish I could live in denial but that isn’t realistic. I suppose I should be happy that my mind hasn’t shattered enough for it to be an option.
So anyway here it is in words.
It was a Thursday, just a normal Thursday afternoon, or at least that’s the way it started out. Jessica and I were doing our weekly shop. Like most people we were minding our own business, enjoying the time we were spending with each other.
I tried to make sure Jessie and I spent quality time together every week, so Thursday had become our shopping night. Let’s face it girls love to shop even if it is just window shopping. We would come home after school, get changed and prepare for battle. It was so much fun. We would disagree about everything from cereal to clothes. Usually starting at home with, ‘Mum you can’t wear that it’s sooooo embarrassing’ and I’d get changed. I used to plan in advance the most hideous outfits I could. It was all part of our weekly ritual. We’d shop, make wish lists and then grab an ice-cream before heading home. Thinking about it now hurts so much. I don’t know if I can keep writing.

No comments: